Monday 16 June 2008

First post!

Greetings and Welcome!

Well, assuming this all works out, will I regret the name of the blog? Who knows, I think its funny for several reasons anyway.

So what's all this about? Reading my brother's wargaming club site and several army themed sites that had 'blog' type threads made me think of trying a blog out for real. I can post miniatures old and new from my collection to share with anyone who cares to look. I found looking at other progressive blogs really interesting and gave me lots of ideas for my own armies, perhaps some of the pictures and words here can do the same for others.

So then, first post. It's my namesake, Neil of Orange! An old conversion and paint job to make a representation of me for a jousting game briefly run across Games Workshop when Brettonian knights were new.

Its a 5th edition plastic Brettonian knight with his shield replaced with a generic Warhammer shield. I also cut the detail off the helm and replaced it with a polystyrene ball which I then covered in PVA to hold in place! This is actually the second head I've done as the first got vacuumed away when moving out from my Uni digs many years ago! The colours are fairly basic base coat and one or two highlights, over a black spray undercoat. I've never really used Blazing Orange before or since.

No comments: